Already February the 7th without a written 2014 Resolutions list, how strange…Why this delay? Probably I’m still under the “I cannot believe that after being completely desperate about climbing Mount Kilimanjaro since 2009, Dec. 31st, 2013 I was celebrating reaching its peak” effect??? Or the fact that I wanna do so many things that I find it hard to place them in one list, to be accomplished before 2014 ends.
Until this very moment I thought I can only tick one or two out of last year’s 16 resolutions, only to find out that I am more or less done with 9-10 out of 16…FANCY THAT!
The best place to get all the inspiration is during an intense workout, try it 🙂
So here they are:
- Becoming a Spinning, and/or Insanity trainer (that’s my no.1 goal).
- Maintaining a moderated healthy lifestyle and taking weight loss as part of the process.
- Creating a new blog that has the website feeling, updated with regular posts, doing a business around it and becoming one of National Geographic’s, Rough Guides’, Lonely Planet’s, or Travel Channel’s picks (in the process).
- Doing interesting studies somewhere in Europe.
- Completing my hiking gear to be completely ready whenever an opportunity arises.
- Taking a serious decision about what I wanna do with my career, and taking serious and decisive steps towards accomplishing it. Maybe quitting my job by July 2014 to start a new one, or quitting corporate life for good to do travel writing & teaching spinning for a living*.
- Writing a Travel Book & getting it published.
- Hiking the Inca Trail up to Machu Picchu and the Amazon**.
- Not visiting any country/city where I have been before.
- Having a complete “Live like a local” experience.
- Volunteering somewhere in the world (Cambodia, Peru, DUNNO).
- Working for a Hostel in Europe.
- Doing Salsa or Rumba in Latin America or learn dancing moves in India.
- Attending a big/important football game in Europe with friends.
- Reaching another summit (Mont Blanc in the Alps, Toubkal in Morocco, or maybe another mountain).
- Joining an NOLS (nols.edu) program (very expensive, no idea how).
- Joining a big challenge (be it sports, photography, travel or travel writing related) and completing it successfully.
- Going on a Eurotrip: Portugal, Croatia (Plitvice Lakes) & Italy (Cinque Terre, Venice, Burano, Amalfi Coast & Capri) are on top of my list.
- Hiking the Black Forest.
- Cycling for a long distance, and reaching the borders of 2 different countries.
- Becoming regularly published in reputable online and printed magazines.
- Conquering one of my fears.
- Completing whatever hasn’t been completed from last year’s resolutions.***
Quick update (09/02/2014) 24. Read 20 books.
25. Starting a parachuting training course (that’s my 27th birthday gift to myself).
Future Plan: Seriously considering becoming the 1st Egyptian female to reach Mount Everest’s highest peak.
* Reason why I’m hesitating about leaving my 9 to 5 job is that I believe that the more we have restrictions to do something the more we crave it, hence the fact that I am committed to a job and my non-flexible vacation make me crave traveling more. And I’m scared to lose this feeling that makes me feel alive.
** Some years ago my resolution was: If by 2014, I am not in a serious relationship and an accord with my partner that we’ll spend our honeymoon in South America, then I won’t keep myself anymore from not stepping a foot in there.
*** 2013 Resolutions…
Will NEVER be FAT again, will do whatever it takes to be EXTREMELY fit. (50:50)
- Will pray MUCH more.
Will become one HELL of a good Travel Blogger, buy my own domain& establish my own business around my Travel Passion. Will give more time, care & support to my family & friends. Will keep away from Politics (as I am). Will travel to cities and unknown places rather than capitals and famous places.(50:50)
- Will network & make new friends with like minded and POSITIVE people ONLY.
Will do at least one activity that requires LOTS of Adrenaline rush. Will buy a new camera.
Will visit Mother Africa againor a continent where I’ve never been. (Tanzania)
- Will swim in a river/sea/ocean where I’ve never swam.
Will climb Mount Kilimanjaroor hike the Cinque Terre. Will apply in travel blogging& Photography contests & will win in at least one. (one of my articles was accepted to be published on worldnomads but was never published and I was never paid, hehe, and another was published on What Women Want Egyptian magazine). Will make at least one documentary about a place that I feel attached to. (made a Photomentary about Shere, in Guilford, England, UK). Will attend one international conference about Travel Blogging. (attended a workshop in London tutored by the Guardian Journalist Peter Carty).
- Learn first aid.
If you already don’t have one;
So go ahead, write it down, share it, everybody wants to get ideas & it works really well…